SHIP &YACHT ENGINEERING - CALCULATION
10 years of doing successfully FEM Analysis of individual parts and global calculation
Ship and Yacht Engineering- E.HofmannLtd. performs finite element analysis using state of the art software ANSYS.
We can do Finite-Element analysis and calculations for you, regarding ship structures or sections, as well as equipment and/or fittings. The finite element analysis methods result in the stress distribution, displacements and reaction loads at supports etc. for the model. Finite element analysis techniques can be used for a number of scenarios e.g. Design optimization, material weight.
- 3-dimensional structural analysis using Finite Element modeling for thin shells and shell structures minimization, shape optimization, code compliance etc., and for the solid structures
- 3-dimensional thermal analysis (steady state thermal analysis, transient thermal analysis and thermal stress analysis) using Finite Element modeling for thin shells and shell structures, and for solid structures
- 2-dimensional axi-symmetric structural analysis using Finite Element modeling for thin shells and shell structures
- Non-linear structural analysis (using FEA software) for geometric nonlinearities and material nonlinearities. This includes Contact analysis incorporating gaps in the structures.
- Modal analysis, Buckling analysis (non-linear buckling analysis and eigenvalue buckling analysis) using FEA techniques and FEA software.
- Static Analysis Contains :
- General Information
- Permissible Stresses -Material
- Geometry / Design Load / Support/ Mesh
- Ansys Report
Calculations maybe include Mathlab / Excel spreadsheet calculations.
Calculations of minimum retirement thickness based on structural engineering calculations to provide construction support for various stages of construction.
For more information look at design: